Education has transformed into big-business in the recent COVID times. The US ranks 17th in education performance and 7th as the most literate country in the world. The literacy rate has increased up to 86% in the US. Primary, secondary and higher studies are seeing great improvements, and breaking records almost every year. Here is how AI is transforming the education tech space.
The method of teaching and learning has changed rapidly.
Some people are of the belief that there is nothing like classroom teaching. It’s true that classroom teaching and learning are wonderful — to an extent. But traditional learning comes with its own flaws. It is more general, constant and does not emphasize a self-development method, as much as is needed, nowadays.
Some students do not understand the purpose of learning topics that donâ€™t interest them.
Not learning topics that interest a person has long been the contention of schools. Some think it hinders the whole point of learning in the first place. Especially kids believe that only using individual interests helps them get clear about their ambitions.
Thankfully, this is being changed by artificial intelligence.
As the traditional way of doing things changes rapidly, AI is increasingly becoming a part of daily lives. AI learning is to an extent says its global revenue is expected to be at US$90B by the year 2025.
The education tech space has turned progressively useful and customized because of AI for education.
AI leads to personalized, engaging, and master learning. It has changed the manner in which learning takes place. Useful study material is now available through smart devices. It is now possible to take online tutoring (https://www.tutoreye dot com) classes and improve grades to a great extent.
The percentage of AI will grow by 47.50% until the year 2021. The figure is based on a report published by the Artificial Intelligence Market in the US Education Sector. This percentage is reflective of a complete change in the education industry.
Â How AI is transforming the education tech space.
1. THE TRANSFORMATION: Around 16 million students prepare for exams on a yearly basis in the US. They are always on the lookout for useful study material on the internet. Although the internet provides plenty of help, yet the learning outcomes continue to suffer.
Learning depends largely on the quality of education that is delivered to the students.
Mostly, they donâ€™t find regular online content to be useful. This is because it is just a copied version of traditional textbooks. This content is neither engaging nor interactive.
Finding an effective solution to this problem, artificial intelligence has come into play. It is an impactful and engaging way of controlling the online education space better than ever. It bridges all the gaps where traditional learning used to lack. In addition to being cost-effective, it has improved the learning standards immensely with its benefits.
2. BETTER LEARNING: Artificial Intelligence is connected to education principally because of some tools that help in enhancing skills. The development of education tools has improved the process of teaching and learning to a big extent.
With the help of AI, almost all aspects of traditional education have changed. The virtual classroom offers immersive education in an exciting way. Due to its learning benefits, AI for the education industry will reach a market share of US$ 2 Billion by 2023.
It has lead to a productive, personalized, and optimized process of learning. This allows the teachers to offer a better understanding of the topic to students. Utilizing the qualities of teachers and technology, the AI in education aims to create an enhanced learning scenario for the students.
3. PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The most important priority of all teachers is to ensure that students understand concepts better. However, in a class of 25-30 students, this becomes difficult. This is where AI comes into the picture and allows an edge over traditional teaching methods.
To learn anything in a better way, the students need to understand the importance of what they are being taught.
Personalized learning inspires the students and convinces them that the information is worth learning. Since the year 2018, personalized learning has improved the grades of many students significantly. Reports suggest that between the years 2018-2023, personalized learning will change the education completely.
Elearning platforms utilize AI to develop platforms that offer assistance to school and college-going students. One of the best benefits of personalized learning is the easy recognition of learning gaps. This helps in improving learning by understanding the topics better.
4. INTELLIGENT CONTENT: AI and education are closely related. The modern teaching methods are all that is needed to make sure that students achieve maximum academic success. Engaging and useful content is of primary importance when it comes to learning. Engaging content includes interactive videos, lectures, study material, etc. which helps in grasping the subjects in a better way.
Smart content, right from digitized textbooks to personalized learning interfaces are proving to be useful for students. Companies like Netflix learning and Content Technologies Inc., are creating automated business content for primary and secondary education. Practice exercises, useful digitized content and constant feedback process help in getting a quality education.
The traditional textbooks are taking a completely different turn with AI. Custom textbooks are created for different subjects to help students. The visual medium is used with new and improved learning interfaces to improve the grades of students.
5. GLOBALLY AVAILABLE: Education must not be limited by any boundaries. Artificial Intelligence has transformed the learning scenario by becoming globally available. It is now possible to learn any course from any part of the world. In addition to this, students with impairments can also learn with the help of AI. Problems like illnesses or different languages are not a problem anymore because AI-enabled technology offers new ways to educate everyone.
6. EASY MANAGEMENT: A teacher spends a good period of time in checking the homework, projects and assignments of students. This is where Artificial Intelligence steps in to simplify these tasks. It provides suggestions on how to bridge gaps in the learning process. The machines have been reviewing numerous OMR tests for a long time. Taking this forward, the option of checking written tests is also becoming possible now.
With AI stepping into management tasks, the teachers will be able to spend more time with students. There is an increased potential to make teaching and learning processes proficient.
7. TEACHER SUPPORT: The whole process of teaching and learning is becoming increasingly advanced because of AI. In fact, very soon there will be a lot more available ranging across different types of learning styles.
AI has immense potential in teaching students, helping them with their homework and preparing for tests. To put it in simple words, it helps the teachers to play the role of learning motivators very effectively.
Keeping a track of present trends, AI will become an even more important part of education in the coming times. It has already started to show its advantages in many ways. A report by Market Research Future says that AI for education market share will expand at 38% CAGR till 2023. Going by this, there will be a major improvement in the learning experience.
The benefits of this technology will be experienced by both the school and college-going levels. New and engaging learning systems with better methods are being and will be used to improve the learning encounters. Artificial Intelligence assists by finding a suitable career path based on the specific interests of students. Education might cope up gradually but AI will change it forever.