Avast is a pretty powerful protection system for any device. The application will help to block all kinds of viruses that are constantly trying to penetrate your computer. The utility is distributed free of charge.
During operation, users can install updates. When a new version of Avast is released, a notification will immediately appear on the screen. So the user accepts it or ignores it. The virus databases are updated automatically. This is what makes it possible to constantly monitor the process of emerging new threats.
Key features of Avast are the following:
- Flexibility of settings.
- Convenient management.
- It is free.
- Intuitive interface.
- High performance.
- Guaranteed confidentiality and security.
The application works like a scanner. During the scan, there is a complete analysis of all systems, archives, registries and other places where viruses most often occur. The utility prompts users to choose one scan option out of three possible. So users can perform fast, in-depth, or selective analysis. Also, it has Avast Web Shield, which is a great feature.
What is Avast Web Shield?
At the present time, viruses have learned to open antivirus programs like a tin can, blocking their work. To avoid such situations, antiviruses provide special protection against third-party changes in the operation of the software. In Avast antivirus, this function is called “Avast Web Shield.” But sometimes, it can create some problems, so users often wonder how to disable it. For this, you just need to do a couple of steps.
The only reason most users deactivate the shield is if the antivirus is removed later. If you do not disable self-defense before uninstalling Avast, a lot of unnecessary garbage and junk will remain in Windows. As a result, it will be easier to reinstall the operating system than to manually clean the registry and local directories.
However, it is worth considering one point. To deactivate the shield, you will need to log in as an administrator. Otherwise, Avast will not allow you to confirm disconnection by requiring a password from the administrator account.
How to Disable the Shield
To deactivate the self-defense function, you need to perform the following set of actions:
- Open the main antivirus window from the desktop and press the “Menu” button at the top. If there is no Avast shortcut on the desktop, then right-click on the antivirus at the bottom right of the screen and select “Open Avast User Interface.”
- In the settings menu, in the “General” section, open the “Troubleshooting” item.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Enable self-defense” item.
- Confirm your actions within 60 seconds by pressing the “OK” button. If you do not do this, the anti-virus self-defense will not be deactivated.
- Close the program window and do everything for which self-defense was disabled.
- At the end of the process, a reminder about the deactivated function will appear in notifications.
Please note that if you plan to continue using Avast antivirus, do not forget to follow the reverse procedure.